Help us Shape
Opportunity - Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a hands-on Azure engineer to join our team and help us deliver cutting-edge projects and drive real outcomes for our customers. Successful applicants will have the following skills and capabilities:
- Strong customer-facing skills, ability to define and work through business requirements and problem statements with clients.
- A focus on designing and delivering simple, high quality, and cost-effective solutions.
- Experience leading small technical teams or working solo in complex environments.
- Experience delivering end to end data projects – modern data warehouses, data lakes and analytics solutions.
- Experience using agile delivery methodologies for data projects.
- Experience modelling the various data layers (both 3NF and Dimensional) of a data lake / warehouse.
- Solid understanding of cloud architecture, ideally demonstrated with Microsoft Azure.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Proficient in the deployment, tuning and management of a mainstream RDBMS like SQL Server, MySql, Oracle, and/or Postgres.
- Proficient in development of Data Visualisations in either Power BI or Tableau (experience in another tool will be considered).
- Proficient in Python.
- Solid understanding of Spark (preferably Databricks) and proficiency in PySpark.
- Experience with the Azure Synapse stack (or its predecessors).
- Proficient in GIT, DevOps, CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code for data.
What is in it for you?
Here are a few reasons why you should choose vNEXT:
- A generous salary package.
- A dedicated budget for development and training
- An opportunity to make an impact in a small consultancy with great customers
- A Health & Wellness Program (and dedicated budget) to spend on gym memberships, cycling equipment, running gear, or whatever keeps you fit and happy.
- Contribution incentives as encouragement to make a difference in our community. We pay you for writing blog posts, speaking at conferences, or organising user groups.
- BYO Devices – We help you purchase the gadgets you want including laptops, mobile devices, tablets to give you the freedom and choice to do your best work.
- No performance reviews. We believe in collaboration and continuous feedback.
- A WeCare Program where vNEXT donates a percentage of profits to charities you care about.
- No-Fluff culture. We treat others with respect, and we strive make things better.
- A Fair Share Program with bonuses for bringing new business and customers to vNEXT.
Ready for a chat?
If this sounds like you and you like what you are reading, then we would love to chat. We are keen to talk to great people, who love to challenge and be challenged. We love building things, and seeing our customers succeed with their innovation gives us a kick. If you are like us, then maybe we should chat.
Send us an email now at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s start the journey.